Funded largely through the the City of Saskatoon Community Grant Program we are transitioning our media gallery space into an brand new venue, a dedicated screening room to run local programs concurrent to our full exhibitions in the main gallery space:
Introducing: “TOON’S KITCHEN” The Saskatoon Screening Room
Call For Submissions
This call is open to ALL video/media artists living in Saskatoon and/or PAVED Arts Members in good standing. To apply for a screening in Toon’s Kitchen please submit:
– A short Quicktime movie on a data DVD (readable on mac and windows platforms) representing the work to be screened (longer works are permitted, however please limit media to 5-10 minutes for review purposes)
– Alternatively, links to video on Youtube or Vimeo can be submitted.
– A short statement about the project (200 words maximum).
– In most cases we will be projecting single channel work with headphones supplied where there may be sound bleed between presentations. Any proposal that involves components outside of the default set-up must also include specific technical requirements and a plan for their implementation.
– Each proposal must also include a writer who will be commissioned to write a short (500-700 word) statement about the work.
The Toon’s Kitchen screenings will be two weeks in duration. Artist fees of $450.00 and writer’s fees of $150.00 per project will be paid. Where possible a public reception for the projects will be aligned with our Main Gallery opening receptions, otherwise public receptions will be coordinated at the discretion of PAVED Arts staff. Ten projects will be presented in the 2012-2013 season.
Deadline For Submission: T.B.A
Please address submissions to: David LaRiviere, Artistic Director, 424-20th Street West, S7M 0X4. Email submissions will be accepted at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information use the contact above or phone David at: (306) 652-5502 ext.1