JOB POSTING: PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
Application Deadline: November 16th, 2018
Start Date: December 3, 2018 (negotiable)
Starting annual salary range: $30,000 – $32,000 per year, based on experience.
This is a permanent, full-time position with benefits that requires availability Tuesday through Saturday, with occasional evening, overtime and holiday work.
PAVED Arts is an innovative and dynamic artist-run exhibition and production centre that promotes contemporary visual culture. PAVED is an acronym for photographic, audio, video, electronic and digital; PAVED Arts exists to support artists who work in these media. We are based out of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and we are currently hiring for the position of Production Coordinator.
The Production Coordinator reports to the Executive Director, as well as directly to the Technical Director who oversees the production department at PAVED Arts. They will be familiar with the production centre facilities and demonstrate extensive knowledge in equipment required for media arts production. The Production Coordinator will build on PAVED’s rich history as a media arts production centre by: continuing to provide excellent service to our active and committed membership; supporting all of the ‘PAVED’ arts by providing access to diverse and high-quality equipment and; assisting the Technical Director in media arts production activities, program and infrastructure.
• Offering friendly and informative service to membership
• Providing members with orientation training for equipment and facilities
• Provision of equipment and facilities to members
• Ensuring all PAVED users are members in good standing
• Demonstration of production equipment to members/users as needed
• Sales transactions of supplies, consumables and rental fees
• Keeping organized records and statistics related to facility use
• Maintenance of equipment and facilities in a state ready for use
• Booking and scheduling of facility and equipment use
• Preparing/checking equipment packages in/out
• Filling out and filing invoices and facility/gear rental forms
• Maintaining a clean and tidy workspace at all times
• Maintain supplies and consumables required for ongoing operation
• Troubleshooting and on-the-spot equipment problem solving
• Maintenance of production equipment
• Documentation and processing of member productions
• Answering inquiries related to the production facility
• Receipt and processing of applications for membership
• Encouraging members to place self-initiated work into distribution
• When applicable, facilitating the process of members placing work into distribution
• Facilitate members involvement in/use of resource centre, library, etc.
• Having discussions with member on their interests, projects and productions
• Encouraging members and directing them to appropriate resources
• Promoting member registration, participation and submissions to projects
• Answering questions related to production programs
• Answering the phone and re-directing the call to another staff member, when appropriate
• Website maintenance and development of program content
• Identification of tasks suitable for volunteer work
• Maintenance of volunteer hour logs
• Coordination of volunteer schedules, activities and other staff
• Assemble resources and materials for volunteers to work with
• Documenting exhibits and performances at PAVED events/openings
• Assist with exhibition install and strike
• Assist with building security orientation, safety and utility of the space
• Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Working professional competence in a wide range of equipment types and production practices
• Hands-on technical problem-solving with production centres and rental gear
• Knowledge of video and audio non-linear editing and post-production
• Experience with contemporary digital media production techniques and practices, including audio and video-post production and media asset management
• Familiarity with PAVED’s software, equipment base and multi-user production facilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in demonstrating equipment and facility instruction
• Familiarity with contemporary media art practices and artist-run culture
• Commitment to the development of independent production and to helping artists and facility users advance as creative, competent multimedia producers
• Experience as a practicing artist
• The ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects and/or deadlines concurrently
• A strong attention to detail
• Highly reliable, self-motivated, engaging and personable
• Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and within a team environment
• The ability to take initiative and be proactive to the myriad responsibilities in the workplace
PAVED Arts is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, women, and gender variant individuals.
Remuneration: The Production Coordinator is a salaried position with benefits that requires availability Tuesday through Saturday, with occasional evening, overtime and holiday work.
$30,000 – $32,000 per year, based on experience.
Interested and qualified parties are requested to submit a cover letter, resume and two professional references by Friday, November 16th, 2018 at 5pm.
Email To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Production Coordinator Position
Attn: Travis Cole, Executive Director, 424 20th Street West, Saskatoon, SK, S7M 0X4