CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: Extended to *Friday JULY 26th, 2019 at 5pm*
Submit up to 3 photos, free for everyone, no experience necessary!
PAVED Arts wants to feature YOUR photograph in Saskatoon Transit buses for the 5th edition of Toon’s On Transit! This year’s theme is “Saskatoon is Magic.”
What makes Saskatoon “Magic” is the unusual, the extraordinary, and the surprising. For the 2019 Toon’s On Transit we are calling for all Saskatoon area photographers to consider the city from a different angle. Let’s discover the eccentric and funny side of the town where we live and place these magical takes onto Saskatoon Transit buses for all to see. This call for submissions is open to all Saskatoon & area residents keen on photography, regardless of their level of experience.
Participants are welcome to submit up to 3 photos to PAVED Arts. Images will be considered for presentation in City buses and, for the first time ever, four Bus Shelters over the course of September and October 2019.
Partnering with Saskatoon Transit and Pattison Outdoor, these photographs will be printed and exhibited in City buses and on Bus Shelters, transforming the morning commute into a moving public gallery, and bringing new photographic artwork to all transit riders. Follow #TOT2019 on Twitter and Instagram.
PAVED Arts will also be displaying prints of the selected photos in the PAVED Arts Production Centre. Artists will receive an archival print of their photo, as well as have the opportunity to celebrate the exhibition launch at a reception at PAVED Arts on September 19, 2019.
Email your questions and submissions to: email@example.com
For more information on the Toon’s on Transit Exhibition please visit PAVEDArts.ca or look for the hashtag #TOT2019 on Twitter (@PAVEDArts, @StoonTransit) and Instagram (@PavedArts).
For questions and submissions: Email Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org
A mobile exhibition of photography on board Saskatoon Transit, coming Fall 2019.
In collaboration with Sask Lotteries, City of Saskatoon, Saskatoon Transit, and Pattison Outdoor.
Selected Photographs will be be displayed on (80) “Interior Cards” and (4) “Bus Shelters”.
• Send your Submissions: Email a MAXIMUM of 3 .jpeg or .TIFF photos per entrant to: email@example.com
• Image Resolution: 300 pixels per inch
• Submission Type: Please note with each image whether you are submitting it for consideration for an Interiour Card or for a Bus Shelter.
• Interior Card Image Size: 26 inches wide by 11 inches high.
• Bus Shelter Size: 47 inches wide by 56 inches high. Image must be 300 dpi. NOTE – this will be a very LARGE image (around 500MB).
• Image Title: Please include an image title for EACH photo.
• Safe Area: Please ensure that your image has room for ‘bleed’.
• Social Media: Please include your Instagram/Twitter handles, if you would like your work to be tagged in posts.
• There is no fee to submit and each successful photographer will receive an artist fee!
• Photographs with “water marks” or signatures will not be accepted, however, the photographer’s name will appear on the side bar of the design (see above).
Toons On Transit is a mobile exhibition of photography, on board Saskatoon Transit, coming Fall 2019. These photographs will be printed and exhibited in City buses and four bus shelters, transforming the morning commute into a moving public gallery, and bringing new photographic artwork to all transit riders. Follow #TOT2019 on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Toon’s On Transit is a continuation of PAVED Arts (Photography, Audio, Video, Electronic, and Digital) programming that highlights the talents of local artists through outreach and exhibitions. Located in the heart of Riversdale, PAVED Arts has been facilitating independent media artists for over a decade. Their gallery space highlights emerging artistic talent from the community.
Presented in collaboration with Saskatoon Transit and Pattison Outdoor, and supported by City of Saskatoon and Sask Lotteries.