PAVED Arts is a non-profit, artist run centre for production, presentation, research and dissemination of contemporary media arts. The word PAVED is an acronym signifying the integration of media art forms addressed by our mandate: photographic, audio, video, electronic, digital. PAVED Arts exists to support artists who work in these media.
Our mandate is to support local, regional and national artists working in the ‘PAVED’ arts by operating an access and production centre for media and new media creation, while simultaneously operating a presentation centre that exhibits and disseminates contemporary visual, media and new media art in time-based, gallery, and off-site modes.
- Provide contemporary Canadian media artists with programs, facilities and resources that support the creation of artist-directed media artwork.
- Contribute to further development of an active and vibrant community of media art makers in Saskatoon, encouraging them to advance in creative, conceptual, technical and professional development contexts.
- Stimulate critical dialogue and interdisciplinary discourse on contemporary aesthetic, social and political issues in media art production among media artists, curators, writers, cultural producers, cultural actors, and activists working in local, regional and national contexts.
- Provide engaging and inspiring workshops, programs and artistic creation and learning experiences for all levels of artists, youth and public audiences.
- Connect with diverse audiences with special attention to enhance opportunities for Indigenous, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ artists and cultural producers to participate in contemporary media art production at PAVED Arts.
- Connect young cultural producers currently unfamiliar with artist-run culture with opportunities for independent cultural expression through media art production.
- Contribute to the development and vitality of the Saskatoon region, and its sustainability as a place for young and creative people to participate in collective activities.
- Motivate and challenge Saskatoon artists, particularly media art producing members of PAVED Arts, through exposure to high standards of conceptualization and execution in the media arts, and through exposure to the example of practising professional artists, both emerging and senior, as potential role models.
- Contribute to the development of awareness and literacy concerning contemporary independent visual, media and new media art productions among Saskatoon public audiences and artistic communities.
- Reflect, in our production programming, the breadth and diversity of forms and formats encompassed by PAVED Arts’ mandate, e.g. Audio, Video, Electronic and Digital art forms.
Download our 2021-22 Annual Report
Download our 2020-21 Annual Report and Commitment to Action