PAVED Arts is accepting submissions for our window space that is mounted on the front facade of our building. Within this shared space PAVED Arts and AKA Artist-Run have mounted a variety of independent artist projects. Artists who have mounted projects in the Window include Ian Campbell, Lisa Birke, and David Stonehouse among others.
The shared window space faces onto one of the busiest corridors in Saskatoon, 20th Street West, located in the burgeoning “Riversdale” district. The window itself is 112 inches wide by 90 inches high, looking onto an enclosure that is 52 inches deep. The treatment of the space may include the walls of the closure as well as the objects contained within.
There are TWO ways to render a submission for the window space through PAVED Arts:
- Window space proposals may be folded into submissions for gallery programming, annual deadline September 15th, as a component to be mounted alongside of gallery exhibitions.
- Stand-alone window Space proposals will be accepted trough the calendar year and adjudicated on an ad-hoc basis.
Applications should include:
- A digital .jpeg, .pdf, .psd or .tif file of the proposed artwork or sketch thereof. Please ensure that support material files are flattened.
- An artist statement about the project of not more that 500 words
- Current Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages)
Submissions containing all of the relevant support materials may be delivered by dropbox or other large file transfer service such as WeTransfer. The download link should be sent to: artistic[at]pavedarts[dot]ca.
The “single work” artist fee of $1000.00 applies to window space projects independent of solo or group exhibitions. Window Space proposals that accompany full exhibition proposals, either solo or group exhibition, will follow the full exhibition CARFAC fee schedule. At PAVED Arts’ discretion a materials budget may further support Window Space initiatives.