February 17, 2024, 12–3 pm
PAVED Arts Production Centre, 424 20th St. W. Saskatoon
What does AI threaten and what does it empower? In this workshop resident PAVED Arts Artistic Director and artist David LaRiviere will share a layered AI workflow that he has developed for a video project that is currently in development. The workflow covers scripting with Chat GPT, voice generation with Eleven Labs, text to image generation with Midjourney, AI image manipulation with Adobe Photoshop, AI face-swapping with InsightFaceSwap, AI video generation with Pica labs and HeyGen, and more.
Using his current project as an example, LaRiviere will demonstrate how a person who has given consent to use their voice and image can be made into a full-blown actor without lifting a finger. The ethical implications of AI will be discussed alongside of how this technology can work as a tool in the service of developing artistic ideas and expression.
Tools and materials needed
Personal Laptops are welcome. Please also feel free to download and install any of the following tools in advance of the workshop. Note: many AI tools are subscription-based and costs can add up. PAVED Arts will measure the interest following this workshop and potentially make relevant AI tools available to members as part of our video and photo suite rentals (alongside the Adobe tools that are already on board).
Below are a few web links for a variety of AI tools that can be downloaded along with tutorial videos that may be helpful with regards to installation:
- Download Discord (Midjourney and InsightFaceSwap work inside of discord): https://discord.com/download
- Download/install Midjourney (subscription required, $10./month): https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Add your own server to Midjourney in discord and add InsightFaceSwap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Adobe Photoshop (subscription): https://www.adobe.com/
- 11 Labs AI Voice Generator (subscription): https://elevenlabs.io/
- HeyGen AI video: https://app.heygen.com/home
- Pica Labs AI Video Generator: https://pika.art/login
- Pica Labs Tutorial Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31cxwn3OSko
- ChatGPT: https://chat.openai.com/auth/