Telefilm Talent to Watch will be accepting applications from emerging filmmakers looking to finance the production stage of their first feature film project(s) between April 17 and May 1, 2023. PAVED Arts is a designated industry partner of Telefilm Canada’s Talent to Watch Program, and as such, able to recommend projects for financing! See below for details
This year the main changes to this Program are:
- It is no longer necessary to have an incorporated company to apply for funding under this program. However, if a project is selected, the team will have to incorporate in order to sign the Telefilm financing contract;
- Teams wishing to apply to the Industry Partners Stream must now submit their applications directly to Telefilm Canada along with the partner’s letter of recommendation;
The Talent to Watch Program has three streams:
Industry Partner Stream: For projects that are recommended by a Designated Industry Partner.
Festival Selection Stream: For emerging filmmakers who have directed a short film that was selected at a recognized film festival.
Filmmaker Apply-Direct Stream: All Key Members of the Creative Team must be:
- People of Colour;
- Gender-diverse individuals;
- 2SLGBTQIA+ individuals;
- Persons with disabilities; and/or
- Members of an Official Language Minority Community
PAVED Arts is a designated industry partner of Telefilm Canada’s Talent to Watch Program, and as such, able to recommend projects for financing!
How it works:
Under the Industry Partner Stream filmmakers need to apply to PAVED Arts to get a recommendation before applying to Telefilm. PAVED Arts will choose which projects to recommend to Telefilm and provide a recommendation letter for the team to include in their funding application to Telefilm. PAVED Arts may recommend a project under the following components: the Main component, the Indigenous component and the Official Language Minority Community (OLMC) component.
At least ONE of the key members (Director, Producer, Screenwriter)of projects submitted for recommendation must be a current member of PAVED Arts.
All key members (Director, Producer, Screenwriter)of the creative team must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
All key members of submitted projects (Director, Producer, Screenwriter) must be emerging talent. (Please see the updated Guidelines on the Talent to Watch website for the definition of “emerging talent”.