PAVED Arts, centrally located in the Riversdale neighbourhood of Saskatoon, is an innovative and dynamic artist-run centre for Photographic, Audio, Video, Electronic and Digital art. We are seeking a talented candidate for the position of Executive Director.
PAVED Arts (www.pavedarts.ca) is a not-for-profit, charitable artist-run centre in Saskatoon for research, production, presentation and dissemination of contemporary photographic, audio, video, electronic and digital art. Our overall mandate is both to present contemporary media and visual art with an emphasis on new media practices, and to operate a production facility to support the creation of media artwork. Through our production and presentation activities, PAVED Arts supports local, regional and national artists working in the ‘PAVED’ arts, as well as regional audiences and local communities.
The Executive Director is responsible for:
• Fulfillment of the PAVED Arts mandate and vision through implementation of its Strategic Plan
• Management and administration of the organization, including staff management
• Grant-writing (in conjunction with other staff)
• Fundraising and resource development (in conjunction with the Board of Directors)
• Representation of the organization to arts institutions, community organizations and funders
• Direction of communications, visual identity, web presence and media profile
• Membership liaison, volunteer coordination and constituency development
• Involvement with 20Above, the holding company of building owned by PAVED/AKA Artist-run
• The successful candidate will ideally possess a post-secondary degree or graduate degree, and have experience working with arts organizations or other not-for-profit organizations
• Post-secondary degrees in Art, Art History, and photo and video experience will be an asset
• A strong interest in outreach activities
• Dedication to working with aboriginal and other under-served communities
• A profound and nuanced understanding of artist run culture and not for profit organizational structures
• Experience with writing grants and funding agencies
• Minimum of 2 years administrative experience
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to multitask
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work in a sometimes hectic and always creative environment
About the Position:
• Start date is negotiable.
• This is a full-time position with a 6 month probationary period.
• Salary to commence at $39,000 to start, and increase upon completion of the probationary period.
• The position offers a competitive health and dental plan, matching RSP contribution and generous vacation and professional development time.
• A successful out-of-town candidate will also be provided with a moving allowance.
Friday, November 3, 2017, 5pm CST.
How to Apply:
• Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and 3 references via email to: The Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cover letters pasted into the body of an email will not be passed on to the hiring committee, please send attachments for your cover letter and resume.
• We appreciate the interest of all applicants for this position, however only candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.
PAVED Arts is an equal opportunity employer. The organization is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services.